The Nordic Society for Radiation Protection (NSFS) was founded in 1964, on the initiative of Professor Rolf Sievert. NSFS is composed of board members and ordinary members from all Nordic countries that arrange a Congress in the hosting country each forth year. More information can be found here.
IRPA 16 Congress, Orlando, Florida, USA, July 7-12, 2024
7th European Regional IRPA Congress, Liverpool, England, June 1-5, 2026
IRPA 17 Congress, Valencia, Spain, May 28 – June 2, 2028
SRP: Annual meeting 2023 (60th anniversary), Aberdeen
Croatian RP Society: Symposium 2023 in Porec, Croatia
BVS: celebrating 60th anniversary in 2023
AIRP: 3-day workshop on NORM in oil and gas industry, June 2023, Lampedusa
DZZSCG: symposium on 60 years in radiation protection, 2023
The date and location for the upcoming NSFS conference, to be held in Sweden 2023, is now settled!
You are most welcome to:
NSFS ordinary meeting
Date: 5-9 of June 2023
Venue: Clarion Hotel Malmö Live, Malmö, Sweden
A first announcement will be sent out during the summer.
Webinar arranged by the Swedish section of NSFS – everybody are welcome. Please note, that the webinar will be in Swedish.
Preliminärt schema för den 26 april:
10:00-10:10 NSFS introduktion/presentation
10:10-10:30 Rober Finck – Vad hände vid Tjernobyl-katastrofen?
10:30-10:50 Imre Pazsit – Vad hände vid Fukushima-katastrofen?
11:10-11:30 Sören Mattsson – Tjernobyl och Fukushima – skillnader och likheter
11:30-12:00 Avslutning och frågor
The presentations are now available on the website.
In the beginning of April, IRPA invited everybody to a webinar dedicated to the Health consequences of the Fukushima accident, 10 years on, focused on 2 items:
- Health monitoring program of the evacuated population and affected population
- The thyroid screenings
The webinar is now available for viewing at any time.
- The webinar will not start immediately, but 54 second into the recording
- You may change the layout on the screen and increase either the video or the ppt file as you want
Detailed information on the contents of the webinar is given in the flyer.
The Bo Lindell book series has received some attention in Journal of Radiological Protection.
Jack Valentin and Christopher Clement have been invited to write an editorial about the project, and the books have been reviewed by Roger Clarke. Unfortunately, the articles are copyright protected, so we can only provide links to them.
Reviews by Roger Clarke:
- The Toil of Sisyphus by Bo Lindell
- The Labours of Hercules. The History of Radiation, Radioactivity and Radiological Protection: Part III. 1950–1966
- THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES; the History of Radiation, Radioactivity, and Radiological Protection; Part 2, the 1940s
- Pandora’s box the history of radiation, radioactivity, and radiological protection