Chernobyl and Fukushima accidents – Perspectives
Perspectives from Russia, Japan and the radiation safety authorities in the Nordic countries
Webinar arranged by NSFS on 27 May 2021.
The presentations from the webinar are available below. Please note that the PDF-files are password protection. The password has been distributed to members of NSFS. If you would like to obtain the password, please contact the NSFS secretary. For non-NSFS member, access will we decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Masaharu Tsubakura (Fukushima Medical University, Japan): Fukushima accident
- Mikhail Balonov (Inst. for Radiation Hygiene, Russia): The Chernobyl accident – Exposure of the public
- Jan Johansson (SSM, Sweden): The development of Swedish emergency preparedness and response for nuclear emergencies following the accidents at Chernobyl and Fukushima Daiichi
- Jorma Sandberg (STUK, Finland): Lessons learned in Finland from the Tjernobyl and Fukushima accidents
- Sven P. Nielsen (Risø, Denmark): Radioactive fallout in Denmark from the Chernobyl and Fukushima accidents
- Sigurður M. Magnússon (GR, Iceland): Impact of Chernobyl and Fukushima in Iceland and on the Nordic cooperation
- Astrid Liland (DSA, Norway): Chernobyl, Fukushima and Covid-19 in a public-societal context